Bloody Omaha: My Remembrances of That Day (Paperback, Fall - 2010) by James Robert Copeland, S/SGT., 5th Ranger Infantry Battalion
I remember receiving sniper fire from above in a similar scene as pictured here -- none of us thought we'd make it. I did make it and here is my story.
It begins from my childhood in West Virginia, where my family and my family's family, worked in the coal mines.
When war broke out (Pearl Harbor), I enlisted in the Army and became Army Ranger -- fighting that fateful day, on the bloodiest beach, June 6th, 1944.


As a home health aid my wife Linda discovered James Robert Copeland. Linda and I were surprised with his energy, his vitality and his story. It didn't take much conversation to convince him of the importance of recording his story for posterity. We had several interviews over the past year and each time JR (as Ranger Copeland likes to be called), reminded me he felt his time was running out. He wanted me to hurry in my writing so he could see the finished book.
JR Copeland will be 89 years old this year. There has never been a time when I didn't find him cordial, informative and quite lucid in his conversation. Hopefully JR will see his story published -- this man is a magnanimous individual, besides being a war hero. I hope my writing does justice to his great story.
--garry m graves, biographer

Monday, December 19, 2011

‘Bloody Omaha’ Video

‘Bloody Omaha,’ – is a biography of my life and the landing on Omaha Beach, Normandy, France, June 6, 1944. The above video introduces the book. It’s sort of like a preview of an upcoming film. It’s a short piece, only about one minute. Take a look if you have the time.

My book is selling very well and is still available at Amazon for $99 cents (eBook). Click here to go to the books Amazon page.

Many Thanks. Enjoy your Christmas and New Year Holiday. Keep family first.

Respectfully, James Robert Copeland, S/Sgt., Company B, 5th Ranger Infantry Battalion, World War II Survivor.

No comments:

Post a Comment